Saturday, October 22, 2011

The One Minute Manager - Part 1 One Minute Goal Setting


  • People who feel good about themselves produce good results
    • Helping people to feel good about themselves is a key to getting more done
  • Productivity is both quantity and quality


  • One Minute Goal Setting
    • 80-20 goal-setting rule:
      • 80% of your really important results will come from 20% of your goals
    • If you can’t tell what you’d like to be happening, you don’t have a problem yet. You’re just complaining. A problem only exists if there is a difference between what is actually happening and what you desire to be happening.


One Minute Goal Setting
  1. Agree on your goals
  2. See what good behavior looks like
  3. Write out each of your goals on a single sheet of paper using less than 250 words
  4. Read and re-read each goal, which requires only a minute or so each time you do it.
  5. Take a minute every once in a while out of your day to look at your performance, and
  6. See whether or not your behavior matches your goal.




Perhaps, you will like this: One Minute Goal Setting Template



2 comments:

  1. I drop a leave a response each time I especially enjoy a post on a site or
    if I have something to add to the conversation.
    It's a result of the passion displayed in the post I browsed.
    And on this post "The One Minute Manager - Part 1 One Minute Goal Setting".
    I was excited enough to post a thought :) I do have a
    couple of questions for you if it's okay. Is it only me or do a
    few of the responses come across as if they are coming from
    brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing on additional places, I would like
    to keep up with you. Could you list every one of your public sites like
    your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?


    Feel free to visit my web blog; Allison Murphy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allison, thanks for your comment and sorry for my slow response. most of my reader just get info from my blog without giving me comments, and ya, only few of readers will leave a comment after reading.
      bdw, i do not have other public sites yet, and had been abandon this site for quite a long time .. am picking up this blog and try to update bit-by-bit again.
      Ya, I am back ! :)

      Delete